Tuesday 5 May 2009

TEWKESBURY FOOD FESTIVAL.



My wife Tracey,my son Leo who is 21 months old,a friend Becky who I met via the BBC Food Website and her chap Mike went to the Festival on Sunday 3rd May and the weather was kind considering it was a Bank Holiday weekend.

On offer was a Craft Fair Marquee with everything you'd expect from handmade chopping boards to handblown glassware.

However the were lots of different stalls and a main Food Hall Marquee.There was some beautiful fine produce on offer from Parma Hams to Handmade Scotch Eggs,Chilli Oils that could blow your head off to beautiful creamy fudge.

I only purchased some Pancetta,a Simon Rimmer Vegetarian Cookbook and some Warwickshire honey.

The festival was extremely well supported (certainly on the Sunday) and I think alot of the credit has to go to the organisers with the parking arrangements and the fact that they'd managed to get a big name in food like James Martin to come and do some demo's.

We saw him judging a Dinner Ladies Cook off which was hilarious and a huge credit must go to the 2 ladies taking part.They were funny whether they meant to be or not.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day out...I met James last year...he's lurverly...

    (aka kdr on beeb!)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 42 and married to Tracey with a gorgeous 23 month old son called Leo who's named after my late Father.I have two great daughters from a previous marriage called Laurenne who's 14 and Danielle who's 13 and they live with their mum in Scunthorpe which is 160 miles away.I don't see the girls as often as I'd like but that's down to financial restraints as much as anything.