Wednesday 20 May 2009

STICKY WINGS


Today was a day surfing the internet for somewhere to live as we've been given notice where we are.
After several dead ends and numerous e-mails i decided to opt for a rest in the kitchen.

Sticky Chicken wings is a simple recipe that I adapted from a good friend of mine.Her recipe was for salt and pepper chicken wings and although it was very nice I decided that I needed more depth of flavour.

Here's the recipe:-STICKY WINGS.

2 tablespoons Maldon Salt
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Onion-roughly chopped
1” Root Ginger
2 tablespoons Muscovado Sugar
2 tablespoons pink or white peppercorns
60ml Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 kg Chicken Wings

Makes approx 20,depending on the size of the wings

For this you’ll find a small food processor is great.Just put all off the ingredients in together and blitz for about 30 seconds and place into a resealable bag. Add the chicken wings and mix them up in the marinade,seal the bag and put in the fridge overnight or for upto 2 days.
Preheat the oven to Gas 7/220oC.Let the chicken come to room temperature and pour the wings with the marinade into a shallow roasting dish and spread them out. Roast for about 40 minutes,turning them half way through cooking.

Serve with napkins.(Believe me you’ll need them).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 42 and married to Tracey with a gorgeous 23 month old son called Leo who's named after my late Father.I have two great daughters from a previous marriage called Laurenne who's 14 and Danielle who's 13 and they live with their mum in Scunthorpe which is 160 miles away.I don't see the girls as often as I'd like but that's down to financial restraints as much as anything.