Thursday 4 June 2009

THE NEXT INSTALMENT....



I've received some relatively good news about my back.
I had an appointment with the pain clinic doctor on the 28th May which was the follow up from the epidural that I had on February 27th.
He asked how I was and I basically threw half a carrier bag full of medication on his desk and said how the hell do you think I am?

Any way he could see how much pain i was in so the first thing he did was write me a prescription for Morphine and then said he would get me an urgent MRI scan.This was around 2.30pm on Thursday.
True to his word I arrived back from the hospital at 3.15pm and my phone was ringing at 4.00pm asking if I could get to the hospital the next afternoon for an MRI.

As I've said I got the results and it appears I have a prominent disc bulge and a tear in the disc.I neglected to ask if this was separate discs or not but when he said I could be treated without major surgery I was happy.

I've got to go to Coventry for a procedure called an I.D.E.T which is a less complicated way of saying INTRADISCAL ELECTROTHERMAL THERAPY.

With this news and the 100mgs of morphine still fresh in my mind I felt the need to cook something.
As I've said before I do like to try things that I haven't tried before and today was no exception.
When a schoolboy some of my dinner money used to go towards a packet of Garibaldi Biscuits which I loved.My schoolfriends used to call them Squashed Flies.
I found a Marcus Wareing recipe and decided to give it a go.
As you can see by the photo's they turned out great and taste just like i remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 42 and married to Tracey with a gorgeous 23 month old son called Leo who's named after my late Father.I have two great daughters from a previous marriage called Laurenne who's 14 and Danielle who's 13 and they live with their mum in Scunthorpe which is 160 miles away.I don't see the girls as often as I'd like but that's down to financial restraints as much as anything.