Monday 1 June 2009

FUDGE UPDATE...

Following on from Miss Agedashi's great recipe I was asked by a friend if I could adapt/change it just for him?
He loves his fudge but he liked it grainier and sweeter if that was possible.
In the end I decided on the sugar being half an half (caster and granulated),I was only using condensed milk and as her recipe states...I stirred it for longer as it cooled.
When my friend tasted it ,the only way I could describe the look on his face was 'It looked like he'd been sat in an opium den .'

The type that you used to see on the news in China etc.
My friend is a Northerner through and through he insists and he asked me if I made Eccles Cakes?

I replied not only have I never made them but I've never tasted one. I guess that could be a future project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 42 and married to Tracey with a gorgeous 23 month old son called Leo who's named after my late Father.I have two great daughters from a previous marriage called Laurenne who's 14 and Danielle who's 13 and they live with their mum in Scunthorpe which is 160 miles away.I don't see the girls as often as I'd like but that's down to financial restraints as much as anything.