Saturday 6 June 2009

IT'S SATURDAY AND I'VE GOT SOME FREE TIME.




Good day one and all.I've been checking out one of my favourite 'hang outs'-The BBC Food Website...and in particular the messageboard which I guess is a Stone Age version of a chatroom about food.

After chatting to various friends and replying to previous posts I decided on a tried and tested recipe of Sue L's and it's Chocolate Brownies

Not for the faint hearted or people watching their waistline.

Here is the recipe with kind permission of Sue. Try it and it'll change your life.

The photo's you see above are of the brownie slab turned out to cool.Then turned over and then sliced and presented.
My wife now want's a divorce on the grounds that "I'm making her fat!"


Chocolate Brownies(Sue L’s)


200 grams butter
200 grams plain chocolate
600 grams caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs -- large
250 grams plain flour
4 tablespoons cocoa

Preheat oven to 180C, Gas 4
Prepare a small rectangular roasting tin or oven proof dish approximately 8 x 12" (20x30cm)
Melt the butter and chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly.
Stir in the sugar and vanilla.
Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring until well blended each time.
Add the flour and cocoa and beat for about 1 minute, until smooth.
Pour into prepared tin, and bake for about 40 - 50 minutes. The mixture needs to be just cooked, so start testing with a cocktail stick at about 35 minutes - it should have moist crumbs, but not wet batter, still clinging to it.
Cool in tin until cool enough to handle, then turn out and leave until completely cold before cutting into squares.
I cut this size into 24 pieces (8 x 3), but it could easily make 32 smaller pieces (8 x 4) as it is very rich.


NOTES : Use the best chocolate you have; 40 - 50% cocoa solids makes great brownies, but 70% cocoa make superb ones!
You can use unrefined brown sugar, even muscovado, for that extra bite.
Strong flour can be used for extra chewiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 42 and married to Tracey with a gorgeous 23 month old son called Leo who's named after my late Father.I have two great daughters from a previous marriage called Laurenne who's 14 and Danielle who's 13 and they live with their mum in Scunthorpe which is 160 miles away.I don't see the girls as often as I'd like but that's down to financial restraints as much as anything.