Monday 31 August 2009

A GIFT OF APPLES




Last night I was given a carrier bag of apples by an elderly friend of mine.
He said proudly "They're James Grieves'".I obviously gave him a strange look be3caquse he followed up with "That's their name and they're regarded as culinary apples".

With around a dozen large apples to utilise I decided on a Tarte Tatin and some small apple pies.
I've come across a recipe by James Tanner for a 'cinnamon cream' which looks interesting so I'll give that a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 42 and married to Tracey with a gorgeous 23 month old son called Leo who's named after my late Father.I have two great daughters from a previous marriage called Laurenne who's 14 and Danielle who's 13 and they live with their mum in Scunthorpe which is 160 miles away.I don't see the girls as often as I'd like but that's down to financial restraints as much as anything.