Saturday 18 July 2009

AS TIME GOES BY...



As I've said in my previous post I haven't been updating much as I've had other commitments like falling asleep during the day due to morphine and insomnia at night.

However I'm still cooking alot and I've tried to attempt something new as often as possible.
Last week I tried out several different marinates/marinades on ribs and I can happily report that most were very successful.
The only failure was my fault cos I tried someone elses 'tried and tested-T&T' recipe without thinking to adjust the cooking times for my fan oven.
In one case I had dry cremated ribs that looked like something following a nuclear explosion rather than a set of moist,sticky flavoursome ribs.

In the end I messed around with 4 or 5 different rubs/marinades mixes and came up with the following.

Scott’s BBQ rib recipe.

You will need:-

1 onion-finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic-crushed
¾ inch of ginger-finely chopped
1 tspn of cumin seeds
2oz dark muscovado sugar
142ml can of tomato puree
a large dash of Pernod
50ml of dark soy sauce
150ml water
salt and pepper.

Recipe:-


1) Fry off the onion,garlic,ginger and cumin seeds, then added all the other ingredients and incorporated them well.
2) Preheat the oven to 110°C and roast the ribs that you’ve cut into pairs for 1 hour.
3) After an hour pour over the wet mix and roast for a further ¾ hour .
4) Remove from the oven and turn making sure the rub is recoating both sides of the ribs.
5) Cook for a further ¾ hour covered with foil.


1 comment:

  1. LOL well what more can I say, we've been there done that!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 42 and married to Tracey with a gorgeous 23 month old son called Leo who's named after my late Father.I have two great daughters from a previous marriage called Laurenne who's 14 and Danielle who's 13 and they live with their mum in Scunthorpe which is 160 miles away.I don't see the girls as often as I'd like but that's down to financial restraints as much as anything.